Dear Local Alumni,
The Gallaudet University Alumni Association (GUAA) has two representatives on the University Athletic Council. As defined by the criteria, one must be male and other is to be female. For the past three years, they were Rocco Devito, ’64, and Yvonne Dunkle, ’84. Mr. Devito’s term ended this year. GUAA is seeking a replacement for him to serve on the Athletic Council.
The council meets twice a year (November and April). They usually meet on Tuesday or Thursday from noon to 2 p.m. at the Field House on campus. The council provides guidance to the Athletics Department at Gallaudet University. While not a regulatory body, the Council is responsible for sharing ideas, making recommendations for improvement, reviewing policy for regulation, and providing advice on general operations of the Athletics department at Gallaudet University. Please see the attached below for more information.
Since Mr. Devito is male, the criteria for his replacement are:
1) Has an interest in athletic programs at Gallaudet;
2) Is male (rationale: criteria require one male and one female alumni representative – Ms. Dunkle is the female alumni representative);
3) Is not a Gallaudet faculty or staff (rationale: there are already two staff and two faculty representatives on the council);
4) Is able to attend and contribute to meetings regularly;
5) Is a member of the Gallaudet University Alumni Association.
If you meet the criteria and wish to be considered by the GUAA, please express your interest and attach a vitae which you can email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to submit your vitae is Thursday, October 23, 2014 at noon.
If you have questions or would like additional information, please e mail email@example.com.
Sam Sonnenstrahl, ’79 & G-’84
Executive Director, Alumni Relations and GUAA
Posted: 1 Oct 2014